FAQs of Life at UCLA

Here you’ll find answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to life at UCLA graduate school.

Who can graduate students talk to if they are having difficulties at UCLA?

Graduate students who are having difficulties in their graduate program can meet with an Academic Case Manager. Academic Case Managers help students navigate options and resources related to academic challenges, health and wellness concerns, interpersonal conflicts, and financial stress.

Students interested in meeting an Academic Case Manager should submit an intake form.

Are there any peer mentoring opportunities at UCLA?

Grad2Grad is a peer mentoring program that is part of Grad Strive 2.0. It currently serves mentees who are first-year doctoral students from pathway programs including, among others, Eugene V. Cota Robles, CSU-Sally Casanova Predoctoral graduates, McNair scholars, and Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) scholars. Mentees are paired with a more established doctoral student (2nd year and beyond) as a mentor.

Is there a chapter of the Bouchet Graduate Honors Society at UCLA?

Yes! UCLA is proud to be one of the university partners of the Edward Bouchet Graduate Honors Society, and encourages interested individuals to learn more about the program and apply.

Is there anything I could do to get more out of my advisor-advisee/mentor-mentee relationship?

Definitely! The “Mentoring Up” and “Mentoring for Postdoctoral Scholars” training programs discuss the proactive measures that graduate students and postdocs can take to enhance their academic journey at UCLA by strengthening their relationship with their mentors. Training programs are available beginning Winter 2024.