International Applicants to Graduate School

UCLA recognizes that internet access in Iran was suspended for several days in mid-November and has not been fully restored. We will continue to monitor the situation to ensure that prospective students are able to submit their applications for admissions to UCLA graduate programs. Departments have been asked to extend the deadline for affected applicants to submit their materials. We encourage applicants to contact the program in which they are interested by phone, if possible, if they have concerns or will need additional time.

Students arriving from around the world can look forward to an extraordinary graduate experience at UCLA. Here are a few of the requirements to consider while applying here.

Submitting your international transcripts

When applying to a UCLA graduate program, international applicants should upload unofficial transcripts from all academic institutions she or he attended into the Application for Graduate Admission.

If admitted to UCLA, applicants must submit official, final academic records. These are defined as original documents issued by the institution—not photocopies—which bear the actual signature of the Registrar and the seal of the issuing institution. Instructions and deadlines for submission are included with official offers of admission. New graduate students should submit official records in the original language with a complete, authorized English translation.

If you have attended more than one institution, separate official records should be submitted by each institution.

If your academic record cannot be replaced, obtain a properly certified copy. Keep the original for yourself! Never send a document to UCLA that cannot be replaced; submitted records become the property of the University, and we cannot return them to you.

Resources for International Applicants

Students from around the world apply to UCLA’s graduate programs.  You will find more specific information about our requirements for applicants from a variety of educational systems in Required Academic Records.

Here are more helpful links:

Ineligible degrees

To save you time and trouble, we must inform you that the following degree holders are not eligible to apply for graduate admission:

Persons holding three-year ordinary pass degrees, professional diplomas in accounting, business, librarianship, social work, physical education, health education and so on, or four-year degrees, diplomas or higher certificates from technical, vocational or postsecondary specialized schools.

Persons holding membership in professional associations such as Institutes of Chartered Accountants or Institutes of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators are not qualified for graduate standing unless they also hold recognized university-level degrees or titles.