Skip to sections. Skip to content.


UCLA Graduate Division

International Applicants

All applicants are required to submit official records from each academic institution attended to the major department to which they are applying.

Official records are defined as original documents issued by the institution -- not photocopies -- which bear the actual signature of the Registrar and the seal of the issuing institution. If you have attended more than one institution, separate official records should be submitted by each institution.

If an academic record cannot be replaced, obtain a properly certified copy; keep the original for yourself. Never send a document to UCLA that cannot be replaced, as submitted records become the property of the University and cannot be returned.

Persons holding the following degrees are not eligible to apply for graduate admission: a three-year ordinary pass degree, a professional diploma in accounting, business, librarianship, social work, physical education, health education and so on, or a four-year degree, diploma or higher certificate from a technical, vocational or postsecondary specialized school.

Persons holding membership in professional associations such as Institutes of Chartered Accountants or Institutes of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators are not qualified for graduate standing unless they also hold recognized university-level degrees or titles.

For further requirements of applicants from various countries, and educational systems, consult Required Academic Records below.