Graduate Division Privately Endowed Fellowships have special eligibility requirements. For a listing of the various fellowships and their requirements, please see the Graduate Student Financial Support publication. All fellowships are open to UCLA graduate students. Awards are not automatically renewable; students must apply yearly.
Final date of application is determined by your home department. Suggested deadline is Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
Incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
How To Apply
Applicants must be nominated by their department, IDP or school. To apply for nomination, students must:
Complete and submit the Online Application Form. Upload the following documents in the order listed as a single PDF file (except the letter[s] of recommendation).
- An unofficial copy of your Graduate Transcript with Fall 2016 grades posted. The transcript printed from MyUCLA is acceptable. A Degree Progress Report (DPR) is not. If Fall Quarter is your first graduate term at UCLA, please include an unofficial transcript from the last university attended (even if the last college/university was UCLA).
- A statement of your eligibility for the fellowship(s) for which you are applying (maximum one page for each fellowship, double spaced, no less than 11 pt font and 1-inch margins).
- A personal statement of your goals, coursework completed and research activities (two pages, double spaced, no less than 11 pt font and 1-inch margins).
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A list of all extramural, departmental and Graduate Division awards you have received, including the year and amount awarded.
Some fellowships may require additional documents, besides the items listed above. Please refer to the Graduate Student Financial Support publication for requirements on each fellowship.
One faculty letter of recommendation. Ideally a supportive reference will describe the circumstances under which the faculty member has come to know about your work. It will go into detail regarding your unique academic strengths, your degree progress to date, your plans for graduate training at UCLA and your career goals after receiving your degree. It will also refer to your scholarly publications and professional accomplishments.
In Step 3 of the online fellowship application process, provide the name and email address of the recommender. The system will then send your recommender an email with instructions as to how to submit the letter online as a PDF document. The recommender will not need to email anything to the department Student Affairs Officer.
The letter(s) of recommendation are due on or before the Privately Endowed Fellowships’ application deadline. Applications with missing letter(s) of recommendation will not be reviewed.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted nor forwarded for review.
Gold Shield Alumnae of UCLA, UCLA Affiliates and UCLA Faculty Womens Club Scholarships
Applicants to the Gold Shield Alumnae of UCLA, the UCLA Affiliates and the UCLA Faculty Womens Club Scholarships must submit additional materials. Please see the descriptions in the Graduate Student Financial Support publication.
For Further Information Contact
Chérie Francis, at email@example.com,
(310) 206-2557, 1228 Murphy Hall.