The fellowship application is to be used by all continuing UCLA graduate students who wish to be considered for UCLA merit-based awards in 2019-20. Awards are not automatically renewable. Students must apply yearly, as applicable. If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, we urge you also to apply for need-based financial aid. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available from the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office or at studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa.
Please note that students in self-supporting programs are not eligible to apply for any Graduate Division fellowships. Those program are:
- Architecture – Master of Architecture (MArch II SUPRASTUDIO)
- Dentistry – Professional Program for International Dentists
- Economics – Master of Applied Economics (MAE)
- Education Leadership Program (EdD)
- Engineering Online Master’s Programs (MSE, all)
- Management – Executive MBA (EMBA)
- Management – Full-time MBA
- Management – Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA)
- Management – Global Executive MBA for Asia Pacific (GEMBA)
- Management – Master’s of Financial Engineering (MFE)
- Management – Master of Science in Business Analytics (MS)
- Nursing – Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Public Health – Executive Master’s of Public Health (EMPH)
- Public Health – Master’s of Public Health for Health Professionals (MPH)
- School of Law – Master of Laws (LLM)
- Social Science – Master of Social Science (MSS)
- Statistics – Master of Applied Statistics (MAS)
- Before starting an application, please review the eligibility requirements detailed in Graduate Student Financial Support.
- Complete all the items on the application that pertain to the fellowship for which you are applying. You will be INELIGIBLE if items are left blank and information is called for but not provided.
- You may apply for graduate merit-based awards in only one major department.
- At the end of the application you will be presented with a list of additional materials required to complete your application. Please submit them in the order specified, as a single PDF, using the Supplemental PDF File Upload option below.
The suggested campus-wide application deadlines for items 1, 3, and 4 are listed below. Please consult your department for exceptions to the deadlines for items 1, 3, and 4.
- January 16, 2019 – Endowed Fellowships
- February 6, 2019 (this date is firm) – Graduate Summer Research Mentorship (GSRM)
- February 13, 2019 – Graduate Research Mentorship Program
- February 27, 2019 – Dissertation Year Fellowship
Please apply below if you are currently an enrolled eligible graduate student. Application is for endowed fellowships open to continuing students, the Graduate Summer Research Mentorship Program, the Graduate Research Mentorship Program and the Dissertation Year Fellowship.
The information you submit using the online application is through a secured server that utilizes Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol and a Secure Server Digital ID to protect your privacy. Access the application using your UCLA Logon ID.
Notification of Awards
Students are notified via e-mail as soon as award decisions are made, from Spring through early Fall. Do not expect notification before April.
If you received an e-mail notification, please check your decision status below.