Skip to sections. Skip to content.


UCLA Graduate Division

Frequently Asked Questions

Admission - General Questions

  Blue Arrow What are the requirements for admission to graduate programs at UCLA?

The University requires that an applicant hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor's degree from the University of California, with a scholastic average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better - or its equivalent if the letter grade system is not used - for the last 60 semester units or last 90 quarter units of undergraduate study and in any post-baccalaureate study.

An international student whose post-secondary education is completed outside of the U.S. is expected to hold a degree with above average scholarship from a university or university-level institution.

Many graduate programs have additional requirements or requirements beyond the minimum given above. Applicants should contact the programs they are interested in for specific information and applications.

  Blue Arrow How does the admissions process work at UCLA?

An applicant submits the online Application for Graduate Admission with the $80 (for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents) or $100.00 (for all other applicants) application fee. The applicant uploads transcripts, supplementary information, department-specific material, statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation. The applicant's information then becomes available online to the graduate program.

  Blue Arrow What does an admissions committee look for when making admission decisions?

This varies by program. Grades, letters of recommendation, writing samples, portfolios of work, auditions, standardized test scores, etc., are some, but not all, of the factors considered by the faculty.

  Blue Arrow How many students apply and are admitted to graduate programs at UCLA?

Prospective applicants to UCLA are encouraged to view our Program Profile Report which provides admissions data by academic program. Data includes applicants, admits, and new registered student counts. In addition it provides demographic data on the enrolled student body, the number degrees awarded, and the average time to receive a degree.

  Blue Arrow May I apply to more than one graduate program at UCLA?

No. University regulations do not permit an applicant to apply to more than one major, with the exception of concurrent or articulated degrees.

Please decide which of our programs is most appropriate for you prior to submitting the Application for Graduate Admission.

  Blue Arrow Can an applicant enroll in UCLA just to take courses?

No. Students must be admitted to UCLA in a degree program in order to enroll in regular university classes.

Courses can be taken at UCLA Extension without formal admittance to UCLA. Applicants may obtain more information by calling (310) 825-9971.

UCLA Summer Session offers courses to non-graduate students during the summer term.

  Blue Arrow How do I apply for an MBA program at UCLA?

Information about and applications to any program offered by the John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management are available on Anderson website.

  Blue Arrow How do I apply for a degree in Dentistry/Law/Medicine at UCLA?

For admission to the DDS, JD, or MD program at UCLA, please contact the respective school:

    School of Dentistry
    School of Law
    School of Medicine

  Blue Arrow Should I pay the application fee if I was admitted to a graduate program at UCLA last year but did not attend?

No. Complete the online Application for Graduate Admission and, in Plans for Graduate Study under Application Type, select Renewal from the drop-down menu. Renewals are accepted only during the calendar year following your initial admission.

  Blue Arrow I was a graduate student at UCLA. How do I apply for readmission to my graduate program (or another graduate program)?

Complete the online Application for Graduate Admission and, in Plans for Graduate Study Section at Application Type, select Readmit from the drop-down menu.

  Blue Arrow How is California residency determined?

Residence for tuition purposes is determined solely by residence deputies in the Registrar's Office. Admitted applicants complete the online Statement of Intent to Register and Statement of Legal Residence, and the deputies make their determination from the latter document.

Admission - Test Scores

  Blue Arrow What is the minimum GRE score required to be admitted to UCLA?

GRE requirements vary by graduate program. Applicants should contact the graduate program they are interested in to get details on specific admission requirements.

For the scores to match up electronically, applicants must use exactly the same personal information (name, date of birth, SSN if available) on the GRE application as on the UCLA graduate application. They must also request that scores be sent to UCLA, the GRE institution code for UCLA R4837. Applicants should submit their application by the published deadline whether or not they have received their official scores.

  Blue Arrow What is the minimum TOEFL score required to be admitted to UCLA?

The overall minimum score for TOEFL is 87. Individual sub-scores are not taken into account when reviewing this examination.

  Blue Arrow What if my TOEFL/IELTS score is below the minimum?

English language ability is important to success as a graduate student at UCLA. While you may still apply, a score below the stated minimum requirement may disqualify you from admission.

  Blue Arrow Can the application be submitted before I take the TOEFL or GRE/the scores are ready?

As long as the applicant submits the application by the deadline, and submits test scores soon after, the time lapse should not be a problem. Applicants taking the test on a date beyond the published application deadline will need to confer with the department to determine any deadlines they have for score submission. Please note that personal information shown on the test report (name, date of birth etc.) must match exactly with that of UCLA's Application for Admission.

  Blue Arrow I am an international student and I want to know if I need to take TOEFL exam or not?

Please visit our English Requirements page to determine if you are required to prove your English proficiency.

  Blue Arrow Where can an applicant get information regarding the GRE/TOEFL/IELTS/TSE/GMAT examinations?

Applicants may obtain more information by visiting Educational Testing Service (ETS). Applicants may obtain more information on the IELTS by visiting IELTS International. UCLA Extension offers courses on GRE and/or TOEFL exam test preparation.

  Blue Arrow How can I confirm my test scores have been received by UCLA?

Applicants should contact their proposed department about receipt of official scores.

  Blue Arrow ETS doesn’t have a code for the department I’m applying to/I indicated a different major on my score request from the one I’m applying to. Will my scores match up to my application?

As long as you gave the same personal information (name, date of birth, Social Security number if available) to ETS as you give on your application, your scores will match up regardless of the major you listed.

Fee Waivers for Special Programs

  Blue Arrow I am a CSU Sally Casanova Pre-Doctoral Scholars Program applicant. How do I submit the application with a fee waiver?

Applicants who are participants in the California State University Sally Casanova Pre-Doctoral Scholars Program are eligible for a waiver of the application fee. They should apply on-line, and, at Application Type, click CSU Casanova Predoc in the drop down menu. A letter from the program verifying participation should be either sent or scanned and sent to your major program.

  Blue Arrow I am a McNair Scholar. How do I submit the application with a fee waiver?

Applicants who are current McNair Scholars are eligible for a waiver of the application fee. They should apply on-line, and, at Application Type, click McNair in the drop down menu. A letter from their McNair Director verifying participation in the McNair Program should be either sent or scanned and sent to your major program sent to your major program.

  Blue Arrow I am a Summer Programs for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) applicant. How do I submit the application with a fee waiver?

Applicants who are sponsored by the Summer Programs for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) are eligible for a waiver of the application fee. They should apply on-line, and, at Application Type, click GRD SPUR in the drop down menu. A letter from the program verifying participation should be either sent or scanned and sent to your major program sent to your major program.

  Blue Arrow I am a UC LEADS applicant. How do I submit the application with a fee waiver?

Applicants who are participated in UC Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees (UC LEADS) are eligible for a waiver of the application fee. They should apply on-line, and, at Application Type, click UC LEADS in the drop down menu. A letter from the program verifying participation should be either sent or scanned and sent to your major program.

Completing the Application – Application and Uploads

  Blue Arrow Should I send duplicates of all materials (transcripts, test scores, statement of purpose, etc) to the Graduate Division?

No. Transcripts, test scores, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, etc. must be uploaded as part of the application. Send official transcripts directly to the major program.

  Blue Arrow How do I find about the status of my application?

Please contact the major program directly with questions about receipt of application materials.

  Blue Arrow How do I change my email or mailing (street) address?

You can change your email address after submission of the application by logging back into the application and clicking on the "update profile" link. If you have additional questions please contact the Hobsons ApplyYourself Support Center and submit a help ticket.

To change your mailing (street) address after your application has been submitted, you should contact the program to which you are applying.

  Blue Arrow Can you help me with technical problems?

The Technical Support link appears on every page of the application including the login page. The support center provides a database of frequently asked technical questions along with an online help ticket service. Users will receive either a response from a technical support representative or a confirmation that the request has been received within 20 minutes of submitting a request.

  Blue Arrow How can I find my institution in the academic history section?

Try widening the search parameters as stated on the application. Search for your universities by selecting the country or U.S. state in the dropdown box. Searching this way returns a full list of all the universities in your country or state. If you don't find your university on the list, select Other University in [location] from the list.

  Blue Arrow Do I need to upload the final transcript before the deadline?

Many applicants still have work in progress at the time of the deadline; upload your most recent transcript.

  Blue Arrow Should I upload a transcript from the community college I attended?

Only if your work at the community college is directly related (e.g., prerequisite coursework) to the program to which you are applying. In that case, upload the transcript into the Supporting Documents section. If your community college coursework transferred to your bachelor's degree, don't upload anything from your community college.

  Blue Arrow How do I submit my test scores?

UCLA receives most official test scores (GRE, TOEFL) electronically from ETS, and IELTS scores directly from IELTS. Further information about the GRE and TOEFL, including UCLA’s school code (4837) and department codes (necessary to route your scores to your proposed major program), is available on the ETS website.

In order for your official scores to be matched to your application, be sure that the personal information you give on the Application for Graduate Admission is exactly the same as the information you gave at the time you took the test.

You should also instruct ETS to send a hard-copy of your scores to the program to which you are applying.

You may submit your application if you have not yet taken the GRE (if required by your program) or TOEFL or IELTS tests and plan to take the test in the future. Enter the planned future date of the test(s) and leave the score section blank.

If you have taken the GRE, TOEFL or IELTS more than once, and the testing agency transmits your scores to UCLA, all of the scores will appear as part of your application. TOEFL and IELTS test-takers, please note: Your most recent test scores only are considered as part of your application.

  Blue Arrow If I decide not to submit my application, how can I delete it?

After 30 days of non-activity your application will be automatically deleted.

Completing the Application – Recommendations

  Blue Arrow Where do I send my transcripts and letters of recommendation?

One official copy of your transcripts must be sent directly to the program to which you are applying. Your recommenders must respond to the email request and submit their letters online. If not uploaded as part of the application, send all other supplemental materials, including test scores, directly to that program.

  Blue Arrow Can I submit my application even if my recommenders have not yet completed the recommendation forms?

Yes, be sure to submit your application by the deadline. The letters of recommendation may be submitted later (but not too much later).

  Blue Arrow My recommender is having trouble submitting the letter of recommendation to my application. What should I say?

If the recommender is having trouble uploading the recommendation, then please have your recommender use the technical support link that appears on the recommendation site. If your professor insists, he or she may send the letter directly to your program.

  Blue Arrow I submitted my application, but I have been informed that the recommenders are not able to access the recommendation form. Could you please tell me what I should do?

Many email service providers have upgraded their spam blocking tools to allow their customers greater control over received messages. To ensure that important system messages are received by the recommendation providers, please have them add the following email address to their address book and/or your list of approved email addresses:

After the applicant's recommendation provider has added that email address, then the applicant should be able to resend the recommendation notification from the applicant's online application (from the provider list page). The applicant needs Login to their application, click the link for their application, and then click on the Recommendations link on the left-hand side of the section. When the applicant view the list of their recommendation providers, the applicant must check the box next to the recommendation provider who needs a new notification email. Then, click on the "Resend" button near the bottom-right-hand side of the page.

  Blue Arrow How can I find out the status of my Letter of Recommendation requests?

You may check the status of your Letter of Recommendation requests by logging back into the application and going to the Recommendations section.

  Blue Arrow I did not waive my right to view my letters of recommendation. How do I get access to them?

Applicants are not permitted to inspect letters of recommendation in their UCLA files. You will be able to view your letters of recommendation only if a) you are admitted and enroll at UCLA, and b) you did not waive your right to view them.

Completing the Application – Communications

  Blue Arrow How can I find out the status of my application?

If you wish to inquire about the progress of your submitted application, whether official transcripts or other supporting materials (e.g., portfolios) that could not be uploaded have been received, you should contact the program to which you are applying.

  Blue Arrow How do I find out my UCLA ID number?

After you submit your application, an email acknowledging the submission of your application will be sent to you within 72 hours. This email will include your nine-digit UCLA ID number and will be sent from Be sure to clear this address in your address book/filter to avoid its being redirected as spam.

  Blue Arrow If I submitted my application after the deadline, will my application be considered?

Please contact the program directly to learn whether a late application can be considered.

  Blue Arrow How long will it take to make a decision on my application?

The required application materials are reviewed by faculty admissions committees in each major program who select the best qualified applicants. These admissions committees base recommendations for admission upon a careful comparison of applications, and this may take considerable time.

There is no guarantee that an applicant will receive a response, favorable or unfavorable, on or before any specific date. The applicant, moreover, should not construe a lack of response as an intention to act favorably on the application. You may contact your proposed major program directly if you are concerned that something may be missing from your portfolio that is delaying the decision process.

  Blue Arrow How will I be notified of the decision?

Once a decision has been made, an email will be sent from the Graduate Division to the email address you provided in the application. The email does not contain the decision; instead, you will be advised how to access your decision letter.

Please note that the decision cannot be given over the telephone.

Applicants to view your decision status on-line, please visit the Decision Status Login page.

  Blue Arrow How do I apply to be a TA/RA?

Teaching assistantships and research appointments are part of merit-based funding awarded by the program. Applicants do not apply directly for this funding.

  Blue Arrow What if I still have an unanswered question about graduate admissions?

If you have questions or problems that are not answered here, please email us at: and we will do our best to assist you.

Registration & Enrollment

  Blue Arrow When are registration fees due each term?

Registration fees must be paid prior to each term. Fees can be paid by check, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), or cash. View the Schedule of Classes Calendar for specific dates. Questions regarding fees should be directed to the Registrar's Office at 1113 Murphy Hall, (310) 825-1091.

  Blue Arrow Can registration fees be deferred?

Only academic apprentices (e.g., TAs and Graduate Student Researchers) are eligible for fee deferrals. Apprentice teaching and research appointees are eligible to receive, on request, a deferment of registration fees (and nonresident tuition, if applicable). A fee deferral allows qualified students to postpone paying fees and nonresident tuition for two months beyond the stated deadline. See your departmental graduate advisor to request a fee deferral.

  Blue Arrow Why would students request In Absentia Registration?

Graduate students planning on studying or conducting research outside of California can petition for In Absentia Registration to receive a reduction of one-half of the campus registration fees. For more information see petitions on the Degree Information page.

  Blue Arrow How do students enroll in, drop, or add classes?

To enroll in classes and to drop or add classes, students use MyUCLA, a web-based student enrollment system. Instructions for using MyUCLA are contained in the Schedule of Classes.

  Blue Arrow Why should out-of-state students seek California residency for tuition purposes?

California residents do not pay nonresident tuition. Upon arrival in California, a student wishing to gain California tuition residency should establish ties with the state (i.e., get a driver's license/California ID, register automobile, register to vote, change the permanent address on University records to a California address, and file a resident tax return). Contact the Residence Deputy at 1113 Murphy Hall, (310) 825-3447, for more residency information; by University policy, only the Residence Deputy is authorized to apply and interpret policy on tuition residency.

  Blue Arrow Where should students report name or address changes?

Name changes should be reported to the Registrar's Office. Students are urged to maintain their own mailing, permanent, and email address listings online using MyUCLA. Changes can also be made and revised documents can be obtained at 1113 Murphy Hall and at most student service offices in Murphy Hall.

Applying for Financial Support

  Blue Arrow What types of financial support are available?

Support based solely on financial need is provided, in the form of loans, grants, and—on a limited basis—work-study employment, from the Financial Aid Office. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office at A-129 Murphy Hall, (310) 206-0400.

Support based on merit is available in the form of fellowships, traineeships, teaching assistantships, and graduate student researcher positions. These awards are open to all students—U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and international students—who have demonstrated high academic achievement. For more information, refer to the Financial Support for Entering Students or Graduate Student Financial Support for Continuing Students on the Graduate Division website and contact your departmental graduate affairs coordinator.

  Blue Arrow What are the deadlines for applying for financial support?

The deadline for loans and work-study funding available through the Financial Aid Office is March 2. The deadline for entering graduate students to apply for other forms of support is December 15. Departments should be consulted for exceptions. The campus deadlines for enrolled graduate students to apply for fellowships varies by program. View the Graduate Student Financial Support for Continuing Students for specific dates. Consult your department for exceptions.

  Blue Arrow How is Graduate Division funding distributed?

The Graduate Division allocates funding directly to graduate programs, which in turn select fellowship recipients through their faculty fellowship selection committees based on academic merit. Departments inform the Graduate Division of those students who have been chosen to receive awards for the next academic year, and the Graduate Division sends offers of support to those recipients. Fee and nonresident tuition fellowships are credited directly to students' BAR accounts, and fellowship living allowances (stipends) are issued as direct deposits.

  Blue Arrow How does a student apply for extramural fellowships?

Extramural funding originates from non-UCLA sources, such as federal agencies and private organizations. Most extramural fellowships require an application submitted directly to the sponsoring organization. Applications for some extramural fellowships are available in Fellowships Services in 1228 Murphy Hall.

The Graduate Division publishes an online guide called Graduate and Postdoctoral Extramural Support (GRAPES), which lists the more commonly sought fellowships that are available from non-UCLA sources. In addition, Fellowships Services maintains a small library of reference materials on extramural funding.

The Graduate Division also offers faculty assistance with extramural fellowship proposals.

  Blue Arrow Does getting extramural funding affect a student's support from UCLA?

Students may not hold two major awards at the same time. When a student receives extramural funding, the amount of supplementary UCLA support is usually subject to limits. Contact Fellowships Services in 1228 Murphy Hall, (310) 825-3521, for details.

  Blue Arrow Is funding available for conference travel and research expenses?

Special funds are available for registered and enrolled students for partial support of dissertation research and travel to scholarly conferences. Consult the graduate student advisor in your department or program.

Award Disbursement

  Blue Arrow How and when do students get their fellowship money?

Fee and tuition awards will automatically apply toward registration and tuition fees. Fellowship payments are sent to students' local mailing addresses, held for pickup, or direct-deposited one to two weeks before the start of the fall or spring term. Winter funds are disbursed on January 1, and may take about one week to be reimbursed. Monthly payments should arrive by the first day of the month. Questions regarding fellowship check disbursement may be directed to Graduate Financial Services, 1228 Murphy Hall, (310) 825-1025.

  Blue Arrow Where should students go with questions regarding BruinBill and graduate award payments?

Graduate Financial Services at 1228 Murphy Hall will answer questions relating to BAR and disbursement of graduate award payments. BruinBill questions regarding Financial Aid awards (e.g., need-based grants) should be directed to the Financial Aid Office at A129 Murphy Hall, and questions regarding loans should be directed to the Student Loan Office at A227 Murphy Hall.

  Blue Arrow Can I view online my financial information, scheduled payments, and direct deposits?

Yes. Using MyUCLA, you can review your BruinBill; your scheduled financial aid, fellowships, remissions, and other awards; and the actual dates and amounts of your checks and direct deposits. In addition, you can check to see if you have holds on your account that are preventing the disbursement of funds, and you can ensure that all required financial documents have been completed for the Financial Aid Office and Graduate Financial Services Office.

  Blue Arrow Do students have to pay taxes on fellowships?

Fellowship stipend income is taxed differently than most other types of income you may have encountered in the past. Amounts spent on fees, tuition, or required course expenses are not taxable. However, the portion of fellowship stipend income you spend on items other than fees, tuition, and required course expenses will likely be considered taxable by the IRS. U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are California residents (for tax purposes) do not have taxes withheld from their fellowship stipend checks. Nonetheless, these individuals may be required to make estimated quarterly tax payments and to report the income on their tax returns.

Foreign students and those who live outside of California and file tax returns as California nonresidents will have state and/or federal taxes withheld directly from their checks.

Information about fellowship taxation is available in IRS Publication 520, "Scholarships and Fellowships," available for download from the IRS website. Another IRS publication available from the same website offers information on paying estimated tax when your residency status does not permit the tax to be withheld directly from your check: Publication 505, "Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax."

  Blue Arrow Who can answer tax questions concerning fellowships?

Students are advised to retain "Offer of Graduate Student Support" agreements, fellowship and traineeship offer letters, BruinBill monthly statements, payroll wage stubs, and other documents and receipts related to fellowship stipends and course expenses.

View Tax Information and Forms for UCLA Award Recipients information about UCLA fellowship tax withholding and reporting.

Academic Apprentice Personnel

  Blue Arrow What are the responsibilities of a teaching assistant or graduate student researcher?

TAs supervise assignments in small discussion and lab sections of undergraduate courses. GSRs assist faculty members with scholarly research and may or may not collaborate in the publication of research results. For more information view the Academic Apprentice Personnel Manual.

  Blue Arrow Are academic apprentice appointees eligible for benefits?

Academic apprentice appointees are eligible for fee deferrals, medical insurance, fee remissions, and TA Advance Loan checks. For details on these benefits consult the Academic Apprentice Personnel Manual.

  Blue Arrow What are the requirements apprentices must meet to receive fee remissions?

The following standards must be met in order for students to receive apprentice fee remissions: (1) Students must register and enroll by the third week of the quarter (registration and enrollment must also be maintained throughout the quarter); (2) appointment(s) must total 25% time or more for the quarter; (3) students must work hours equivalent to 25% time in apprentice titles in a given quarter (usually 106-110 hours); (4) students are expected to enroll in at least 12 units to receive health insurance and fee remissions. In addition, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be appointed as an apprentice and may not work more than 12 quarters as a TA or more than 18 quarters in all apprentice titles combined.

  Blue Arrow Where can I find more information on academic apprentice opportunities?

Anticipated student employee openings for academic year are available online on the Academic Student Employees (ASE) Appointment Opportunities page.

Academic Standards

  Blue Arrow What are the requirements for graduate degrees?

Degree requirements are outlined in Program Requirements for Graduate Degrees at UCLA. While most of these requirements are quite specific and students are usually held to them, in some instances there may be room to accommodate special academic needs via petition. For specific details, students should consult the department or program.

  Blue Arrow How do students determine if they are performing work at the level required by their program?

A University minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required to remain in good academic standing and a 3.0 average is required in all courses to be applied toward a graduate degree. Some departments have more stringent requirements, and the student should consult the department regarding academic standards. Also, departments and programs often list specific timeline expectations for completion of degree requirements under "Time to Degree" in Program Requirements for Graduate Degrees at UCLA.

Student Life

  Blue Arrow How do I get my UCLA ID card?

To apply for your UCLA ID card visit the Online BruinCard Office. The BruinCard will serve as your official university I.D., pre-paid debit card for purchases on and off campus, library card, gym pass and laundry card. To pick up your BruinCard please visit the BruinCard Center in 123 Kerckhoff Hall is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

  Blue Arrow How do students get access to library and computer facilities?

Once registration fees and tuition are paid, access to the library resources can be obtained at any campus library. Library privileges are free to all registered students. Computer facilities are also free to registered students who can establish an account by using a new user terminal at the CLICC Lab in the College Library or the Student Technology Center by Delta Terrace.

  Blue Arrow How do students get parking on campus?

On-campus parking is limited, and applications for permits must be submitted annually to UCLA Parking Services, 555 Westwood Plaza, (310) 825-9871. Daily parking permits are also available at parking information booths found at various locations on campus. Information about student parking is available online at the Transportation and Parking website.

  Blue Arrow What other means of transportation are available?

Options include vanpools, carpools, buspools, public transit, bicycles, scooters, and motorcycles. The BruinGo! program allows members of the UCLA community to ride the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver City Bus at a reduced fare by using their BruinCard. Go Metro program offers discounted quarterly transit passes for Metro bus and rail lines. For more information view Getting to UCLA on the Transportation and Parking website.

  Blue Arrow What housing options are available to graduate students?

UCLA offers two off-campus apartment complexes: University Apartments North and University Apartments South. Information on housing is available at the Housing Office, 270 De Neve Drive, (310) 825-4271. Other apartments are available at the following numbers: Gayley Apartments, (310) 794-8600; Barrington/Manor, Sawtelle/Sepulveda, University Village, or Rose Avenue, (310) 398-4692; Keystone/Mentone, (310) 837-1373; and Venice/Barry, (310) 397-3517. The UCLA Community Housing Office offers listings of private off-campus housing, including rental vacancies and posted roommate notices. The Community Housing Office is located on the east patio of Sproul Hall, 350 De Neve Drive, (310) 825-4491.

  Blue Arrow What recreational activities are offered at UCLA?

UCLA Recreation offers state-of-the-art fitness workouts, masters swim workouts, intramural and club sports, dozens of recreation classes, water sports at the Marina Aquatic Center, and open recreation at most campus facilities. For information, contact Cultural and Recreational Affairs at 2131 John Wooden Center, (310) 825-3701.

  Blue Arrow What discounts are available to me as a student?

The Central Ticket Office, (310) 825-2101, sells tickets for all campus athletic and entertainment events. In order to obtain discounts for which students are eligible, you must present your BruinCard at the time of purchase so that your status may be validated. CTO also sells bus passes and tickets to movies and other off campus athletic, cultural, and entertainment events. In addition, most Westwood Village merchants and local movie theaters offer student discounts. For those seeking to purchase personal computers and software, the ASUCLA Computer Store offers educational discounts computers, equipment, and name-brand software.

  Blue Arrow How can a student find employment on campus?

On-campus jobs are listed in the UCLA Career Center, (310) 825-2981. Positions are also available with ASUCLA; for information contact the ASUCLA Personnel Office at 3519 Ackerman Union, (310) 825-7055. Academic apprentice appointments are handled at the department or program level. Please note that graduate students, by University policy, are permitted to work on campus no more than 50% time while registered and enrolled, and most foreign students on F1 and J1 visas are prohibited from working in excess of 50% time.

  Blue Arrow What services are available for international students?

The Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars provides services and programs to UCLA's international community. The services include personal counseling on visa and immigration issues, financial and tax matters, academic adjustment, insurance, and release of funds from other countries. The Center also supports international and intercultural programs which assist student and scholars to adjust to the community, including housing assistance, community services, friendship families and English conversation groups. The Center is located in the Tom Bradley International Center at 417 Charles Young Drive West, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1379, (310) 825-1681.