The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) helps ensure the vitality of the human resource base of science [including social science] and engineering in the United States and reinforces its diversity. The purpose of the program is to increase the Nations human capacity in science [including social science] and engineering by providing fellowships for early-career graduate students who pursue research-based masters and doctoral degrees in NSF-supported disciplines. NSF Fellows are anticipated to become knowledge experts who can contribute significantly to research, teaching, and innovations in science and engineering.
NSF GRFP Applicants
- must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident
- be in a research-focused Masters or Ph.D. program in an NSF-supported field
- be enrolled in an eligible program at an accredited United States graduate institution by the coming Fall
- have completed no more than twelve months of full-time graduate study (or the equivalent) as of August 1
- meet all other eligibility requirements as set forth in the current Program Solicitation
For a complete list of the program eligibility requirements please visit the program solicitation.
|Field of Study||2016||2017||2018|
|Life Sciences, Geosciences||October 24||October 23||October 22|
|Computer & Information Sci and Engineering, Engineering, Materials Research||October 25||October 24||October 23|
|Psychology, Social Sciences, STEM Education and Learning||October 27||October 26||October 25|
|Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy||October 28||October 27||October 26|
RSVP for Upcoming Information Sessions:
NSF GRFP Current Awardees
- register and enrolled in at least 8 units each quarter on “tenure”
- 3.0 GPA or above
- be enrolled in Bruin Direct Deposit
- cannot work more than 25%
- Tenure/Reserve Status
- Academic/Research Advisor Confirmation Form
- Activities Report
All fellows must submit forms/declare tenure via the Graduate Fellowship Administration System on Fastlane.
General information and tips to help awardees navigate the program.
Can only be viewed by the UCLA community.
RSVP for Upcoming Extramural Fellowship
NSF GRFP Campus Coordinator at UCLA
Fellowships and Financial Services
1228 Murphy Hall