Visa Processing and Registration for Visiting Graduate Researchers

International Researchers only

International VGRs must work with the host department to apply for a J-1 non-degree student visa following the Graduate Division’s provisional approval of the application. Applicants with B and J-2 visas are not eligible for VGR status. The host department and appropriate campus Visa office will facilitate the processing of visa paperwork and registration. The Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars (DCISS) has information on J-1 visa requirements. Refer to the UCLA School of Medicine Visa and Licensing Office for DGSOM VGRs.