International Applicants to Graduate School

Students arriving from around the world can look forward to an extraordinary graduate experience at UCLA. Here are a few of the requirements to consider while applying here.

Submitting your international transcripts

When applying to a UCLA graduate program, each international applicant is required to submit to that program official records from all academic institutions she or he attended.

Official records are defined as original documents issued by the institution—not photocopies—which bear the actual signature of the Registrar and the seal of the issuing institution. If you have attended more than one institution, separate official records should be submitted by each institution.

If your academic record cannot be replaced, obtain a properly certified copy. Keep the original for yourself! Never send a document to UCLA that cannot be replaced; submitted records become the property of the University, and we cannot return them to you.

Resources for International Applicants

Students from around the world apply to UCLA’s graduate programs.  You will find more specific information about our requirements for applicants from a variety of educational systems in Required Academic Records.

Here are more helpful links:

Ineligible degrees

To save you time and trouble, we must inform you that the following degree holders are not eligible to apply for graduate admission:

Persons holding three-year ordinary pass degrees, professional diplomas in accounting, business, librarianship, social work, physical education, health education and so on, or four-year degrees, diplomas or higher certificates from technical, vocational or postsecondary specialized schools.

Persons holding membership in professional associations such as Institutes of Chartered Accountants or Institutes of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators are not qualified for graduate standing unless they also hold recognized university-level degrees or titles.